Vidahlia Press would like to introduce Brenda Marie Osbey as the distinguished judge for INK’s poetry category. She is an accomplished poet and professor. A native of New Orleans, Brenda Marie Osbey was appointed the first peer-selected Poet Laureate of the State of Louisiana in 2005.
Professor Brenda Marie Osbey teaches Africana poetry virtual seminar with University of Kansas/NEH special online institute. On Friday, November 15, 2013 she will be reading from History and Other Poems and then discussing Africana poetry for the remainder of the hour.
Below is the audio recording from the webinar.
Selected Honors and Awards:
- Louisiana Board of Regents Award to Artists and Scholars (ATLAS)
Manship Summer Fellowship
- Honorary Doctor of Letters, Dickinson College
- Louisiana Writers Foundation Award for Excellence in Poetry
- Poet Laureate, State of Louisiana
Camargo Foundation Fellowship, Cassis, France
American Book Award
- Louisiana Division of the Arts Creative Writing Award
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation Maxi-Grant Award
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) Creative Writing Fellowship
- Associated Writing Programs (AWP) Poetry Award
- Academy of American Poets Loring-Williams Prize
- Bunting Fellowship, Bunting Institute of Radcliffe College, Harvard University
- All Souls: Collected Poems (Forthcoming, 2013)
- History and Other Poems (Forthcoming, 2012)
- All Saints: New and Selected Poems
- Desperate Circumstance, Dangerous Woman
- In These Houses
- Ceremony for Minneconjoux